Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Spare Room Reveal...

 December of 2008, our spare room looked like this.


I was just starting out with my home daycare, and this was to be our space. We were in this room for 8 months, but outgrew it quickly once I was state-registered and started caring for more than 3 kiddos. After we moved the daycare into the front room, (here & more recently here,) the room looked like this.




This room is the designated dumping ground for all things without a home. Since we rarely have overnight guests (if we do, it's usually my sister & her kiddos) I tend to "hide" things in here. Hoping that decorating and setting the room up as I want to use it would limit this behavior, I chose a color scheme that was to be bright and sunny. Colorful, yet relaxing. I created this design board

for reference and to help me make decisions regarding color palette and online purchases.

2. Dusty Yellow B13-2 by Valspar from Lowe's-color match to Olympic No VOC paint.
3. Fabric from Fabric.com
4. Pinella Bedroom Suite from Ashley Furniture Homestore (already owned, recycling from Master Bedroom)
5. Small silver & white drum shades, found at Marshall's
6. Black framed art, with black and white/sepia tone photos (these inspiration pieces were found at overstock, I think.)
7. 5x8 rug found at my local Target (couldn't find a link online) I bought two for $49.99 each)
2nd coat, I think, taken at night.

This is a full bed. We are planning to replace this with our queen, once we purchase a new bed for the master.

Draperies DIY'd

I really like how the sunlight comes in through the window here, if only I had the drawers in the dresser!

This photo DH inherited from his grandpa. It's taken near where he grew up.

$8 mirror, I spray painted glossy black. Originally from Marshall's

White & Black ruffled pillow (Marshall's)
Black square pillow (already owned)
Small Square pillow (DIY'd using an old pillow & Leftover drapery fabric.)

Dusty Yellow, color matched to Olympic No -VOC in Satin

This room is obviously a work in progress. Currently, it houses all of our odds and ends from our basement living room, as well as a few end tables and a twin bed.

There are a few things left to do.

1. Sew & install sheer curtains to create a bit more privacy
2. Install closet organization system
3. Find, buy & install ceiling fan
4. Touch-up & paint trim
5. Replace outlet & switch covers with white ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment