Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Yard and Things...

So, I seeded the "mud pit" last week; and thought since I totally overwatered it and then it rained for several days that I wasted my time; but I checked on it the other day and there are little grass shoots! Whoopie!! I am so excited to see grass growing over there. NO MORE MUD PIT! Soon it'll look like we have a real yard again. I do have to mow the rest of the yard, but these little buggers are really growing.

I am going away for the weekend, with the pups. It's been a while since I've gotten away and I'm glad to have the long weekend to do it. I'm joining my mom, my brother, and his girlfriend at our family's cabin for the weekend. I haven't been there for some 6 years and I think the dogs will really like it. I'm a little concerned with having to use the outhouse. But it seems my illness has started to return my body to normal, so it shouldn't be too bad. I have class tonight (for which I have to write two short papers today) and tomorrow I should have time to pack up sheets and foods (do a little shopping) and then Saturday it's off to the cabin. I gave the dogs their flea/tick treatment earlier this week, so I hope it is in full effect because I've heard ticks are bad this year. My brother will just have to help me look them over for the little buggers.

Oh and tomorrow's my birthday! I can't believe I'm 27! I still feel like that awkward 16 year old sometimes, ya know? I do feel a little bad though, because apparantly the in-laws were planning a surprise party for me this weekend, but I'm going out of town. Whoops! I guess that's what they get for trying to surprise me!! Such a nice thought though!

No comments:

Post a Comment