Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

Meal Plan 7/1/14-7/6/14

I am shopping on Monday 6/30, so this is a Tuesday through Sunday meal plan.

Last week, I received my PIYO challenge box. My lovely sister, Becky, is a BeachBody Coach and she encouraged me to try this workout and to join her 60 day challenge group to kickstart my fitness.  I have slacked off immensely since my Half last October and moving in November. I have tried a couple of the workouts already and am liking the program so far. The challenge group starts July 7th and I can not wait!


If you aren't aware, PIYO is a mixture of pilates and yoga designed to be a great fat-burning and toning workout without all the high-impact pounding or complex dance moves.  I love yoga although I don't keep up with a regular practice and I've loved any pilates that I've tried, plus I just am not in any motivated state to get back into a high-intensity running program.

I am working on utilizing the PIYO "Eating Lean" meal structure. For my personal calorie target I am "allowed" 5 servings of primary vegetables, 2 servings of secondary vegetables & grains, 2 servings of fresh fruit, 5 servings of lean protein, and 4 servings of healthy fats (including nuts and nut butters). The PIYO workout comes with this Eating Lean plan and lists out for you all the categories to give you ideas. It also gives you the equation to figure out your own calorie target. I am also trying to stick to about an 80% paleo-ish diet. Basically, it's clean eating at it's finest for me right now, I will be staying away from grains, beans/legumes, corn, and white potatoes as much as I can. I am going to allow myself some grace to live life and not be a prisoner of my 'diet.' All meals are served with water (including snacks). My daily water goal is going to be a minimum of 80 oz, but I will strive to hit 120 oz. per day since it is pretty HOT in FL right now.

So here we go, I'm going to break down my meals into my "allowed" categories for you.
Tuesday:
B: Oatmeal with banana & cinnamon, made with milk and milk on the side.
1SV, 1 FF, 1LP
AMSnack: Shakeology (post workout snack)
1LP
L: Basic salad: lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, peppers, carrots, 2 hard-boiled eggs, nuts & seeds, oil & vinegar dressing
2PV, 2 HF, 1LP
PMSnack: Plain greek yogurt with fruit & chopped nuts
1LP, 1FF, 1HF
D: Zesty Lime Shrimp Avocado Salad (Has lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, lime juice)
1HF, 1LP, 3PV
Wednesday:
B: Chia Seed Pudding made with milk and pureed pumpkin
1PV, 1LP, 1SV (I am counting the chia seeds as SV since they aren't listed in the pamphlet anywhere.)
AMS: Shakeology with strawberries
1LP, 1 FF
L: BLT Salad (Lettuce, tomato, bacon, 1 egg, Dijon mustard vinaigrette and avocado), water
2PV, 2LP, 2HF
PMS: Protein Balls
1LP, 1FF, 1HF
D: Spaghetti with ground turkey meat sauce (tomatoes, peppers, onions, spinach) topped with mozzarella
1SV, 1LP, 2PV, 1HF
Thursday:
B: 1 Scrambled egg with cottage cheese & spinach
2LP, 1PV
AMS: Shakeo w/fruit
1LP, 1FF
L: leftover spaghetti with turkey meat sauce & cheese
1SV, 1LP, 2PV, 1HF
PMS: Apple with almond butter
1FF, 1HF
D: Apple Dijon burger (without the egg) on lettuce with jicama fries (guacamole dip) and roasted brussel sprouts
2HF, 2LP, 3PV
Friday:
B: Eggs with Kale, bacon and sweet potato hash (using this recipe, modified)
1LP, 1PV, 1SV
AMS: Shakeology with fruit
1LP, 1FF
L: leftover Apple Dijon burger, jicama fries and Brussel sprouts
1LP, 3PV, 1HF
PMS: Paleo Snack Mix with 1/2 Apple
1HF, 1FF
D: Pecan crusted chicken breast with mac & cheese, broccoli
2HF, 2LP, 1SV, 1PV
Saturday:
B: Kale & Bacon Frittata
2LP, 1PV
AMS: Shakeology with fruit
1LP, 1FF
L: leftover pecan chicken with mac & cheese and broccoli
2HF, 1LP, 1SV, 1PV
PMS: Protein Balls
1HF, 1FF
D: Paleo Tex-Mex Casserole
3PV, 1LP, 1SV, 1HF
Sunday:
B: leftover frittata
2LP, 1PV
AMS: Plain Greek yogurt with fruit
1LP, 1FF
L: leftovers/Salad
1LP, 1PV, 1HF, 1SV
PMS: Paleo Snack Mix w/1/2 apple
1HF, 1 FF
D: leftovers
3 PV, 1LP, 1SV, 1HF

I am trying to use up what's in my pantry, fridge and freezer with this meal plan. So, some things are most definitely NOT paleo approved, and some things may be questionable regarding the "allowable servings" for the PIYO plan. I hope to update throughout the week with pictures of the meals and/or reviews of the recipes.


No comments:

Post a Comment