Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Confessions...

Today, I felt the need to confess things I hate about myself...
  1. I hate to clean...not really a revelation, but I hate to clean because I feel it's beneath me.
  2. I am jealous of my brother's girlfriend because she's pregnant.
  3. I'm lazy.
  4. I get angry when people I don't think deserve good things GET good things. (Not related to #2)
  5. I'm very judgemental and don't hide it very well.

My husband is such a good person (Happy Birthday a day late, my handsome hubby) and he truly makes me want to be a better person, but the green monster of jealousy and the ugliness of hatred makes this hard for me to do.

The things I want in life are so special and miraculous and I am starting to believe God won't grant me my deepest wishes unless I can purge some of the hate I carry around in my heart.

Perhaps this is the first step to creating a welcoming and healing heart for myself.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, the way I look at it is, at least you recognize the not-so-great characteristics or feelings you've got and want to change them. There's a lot of people walking around that are clueless about how angry/irritable or whatever they are, ya know?

    This is all coming from a highly-irritable girl that WANTS to be better about it but can't seem to stop being annoyed by people :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely relate to some of your confessions. It's a brave thing to admit these things so keep yourself on the back for that. Recognizing that you want to change your opinions is the first step to making a change.

    ReplyDelete