Pages

Saturday, October 19, 2013

One week to go...

Monday marks the first day of my last week of work before our move to Florida. It is bittersweet. I will miss my amazing kiddos and their families so much. I will miss my Donna (my awesome and amazing co-teacher), my mentor and employer, Amy, and all the girls at my center so so very much. I feel at home there. I feel like I belong. I feel a little lost that I am leaving. I know my babies will be well taken care of. Their new teacher is amazing and has settled in nicely. She is a center employee of 5 years and has worked with the older classes, but this is the first time she is with such a young group. But, the kiddos seem to love her, and she seems to genuinely enjoy them as well. That is essential for taking care of that particular age-group.

Sunday is my very first Half-Marathon! I am so excited to be here so close to this race, but scared to actually run it. I must be very vigilant with my food and water intake today so that I give myself the best chance possible at running a great race! The only competition I have is with the woman in the mirror tomorrow morning.

Our home closing (for the house I just bought, eek!) is set for 10/30, and I am excited to do a walk-through and see the actual home! Last time I was there it was in framing, which is hard to look at and envision.

No comments:

Post a Comment