Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Chest of Drawers...

Yesterday, I went on a mini-shopping spree. I went to Marshall's and Ross not specifically looking for anything...but ended up walking out with a few things...firstly this dress, for a friend's bridal shower I am hosting in September. I also found a cute stained glass window accent for my MIL and a small basket to work as a hamper for our downstairs bath. Please excuse the crooked picture and the weird trying to take a picture with my phone with only one hand...lol
Then, I hit the Salvation Army Family Store. And I found THIS chest of drawers for... $14.99!!! YES $14.99...there are barely any scratches...only missing ONE knob and in excellent condition. I knew I could take this and tackle this as my first foray into furniture remodeling. I headed to Home Depot and about $35 later, I left with my choice of stain, new brushes, new knobs and pulls, and a drop cloth.

A few coats of stain and a day later...I have THIS:
It's home is in our family room to act as a storage chest. Up close it has some imperfections. I didn't get all the little scratches out and I was a bit impatient with the stain and got a few particles in it and a few bubbles....but I love the imperfections. It adds character and warmth to it. I am not 100% on the pulls...but I think they work for right now!

What do you think? Are you working on any new projects?
Linking up with:
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

No comments:

Post a Comment