Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

PAST POST...Mr. & Mrs. H...

Aaron & Jennifer H!
The wedding of the year turned into the second of four...but I have to think mine was the most beautiful, most elegant, most fun wedding of them all. We were married on June 20, 2009 at Kevin's Place Restaurant in Lykens. We had 10 attendants (5 each: my side: my sister, B (MOH), friends, NN & H, DH's niece AL (JBM), and his friend, S; his side: his brothers, AH & T, and friends, NP (BM), R, & W) and a flower girl (my DNc, MG) and ring bearer (his DNp, G) as well as DH's cousin, Z play guitar for our processional and our friend, M do a reading of the Traditional Irish Wedding Blesssing.
We danced, laughed, ate, kissed everyone & each other ;P, hugged lots of people many many times, and drank lots of champagne. DH had the flu that week and was just getting over it...so he was pretty tired and worn out after everything was said and done. There were a few disappointing moments (leading up to with "bridesmaid from hell" and a couple of people who thought their lives more important to us on OUR wedding day) but all in all we had fun (we got NN drizunk!!!), we got married and that was the desired end result...so IT'S ALL GOOD! (Visualize head rolling and snapping motion here!)

My bridal bouquet had a ribbon which held the wedding bands of DH's maternal great-grandmother, maternal grandmother, his mother and my wedding band. To represent the past, the present and the future. It was important to me and DH to incorporate his grandmother into the wedding since she and DH's grandfather passed away withing 4 months of each other a year before our wedding. He was very close with them and it was a devastating loss to his family. My DNc, MG who loved being a part of Aunt Jenny's day and still talks about wearing her "pretty dress in your wedding to my Aaron". She's too cute. My biggest fan! "You may now kiss the bride!"
The handsome groom and his groomsmen!

No comments:

Post a Comment